Three benefits of certification:
Helps maintain food safe.
Helps maintain safe food chain .
Helps promote healthy food habits.
Who is this for?
All owners, managers, and supervisors of foodservice establishments.
All food service personnel who are responsible for the receiving, preparing, and serving of food.
Everyone who is interested in upholding high standards with regard to food safety.
Options to take a class
You can take:
The complete training and Manitoba Provincial Certification Exam
Manitoba Provincial Certification Exam Only
Take the Food Handler Training only - without the exam
- Basic introduction to food microbiology
- Common foodborne illnesses, their causes, and preventative measures
Health and Hygiene
- Proper personal hygienic practices and good health
Serving and Dispensing
- Proper techniques for food service and display
- Safe food preparation and handling procedures
Receiving and Storage
- Factors involved in receiving and storing food
Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Correct dishwashing facilities, techniques, approved sanitizers, and proper utensil storage